- Smoking kills more Americans every year than alcohol, illegal drugs, homicide, suicide, car accidents, fire, and AIDS combined.
- Tobacco use accounts for 1 out of every 5 deaths
- 50% of chronic tobacco users will suffer death or disability due to tobacco
- 85% of lung cancers – the leading cause of cancer death for men and women – are due to tobacco use
- One-third of all cancer deaths are due to tobacco.
- Smoking is the most preventable cause of death in our society.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Smokers Have The Right To Smoke?
If you have any doubt about the importance of eliminating smoke from the air you breathe day in, day out, consider these cold, hard facts:
Posted by raychelle at 8:55 PM